Friday 27 October 2017

Love in Every Stitch - blanket



I’m delighted to announce that the ‘Love in Every Stitch’ blanket is now live on my website. 

When designing this blanket, I wanted the maker to be able to customise it to reflect themselves or the person they are making the blanket for. To be in full control of the size and be able to choose colours to suit the person, mood or soundings.


This blanket has a fantastic corner-to-corner construction, which gives you full control of how large you would like it to be. It can be made into a cot blanket, sofa, lap, double or single bed all you have to do is repeat the increase pattern repeats until you reach the desired size, then start decreasing until the end and you will produce a beautiful square blanket. The slip stitch pattern is easy to memorise and it complements the garter stitch border, not to mention that it shows up beautifully when worked in colour. The blanket is completely reversible; it looks equally stunning on both sides.



In the pattern, you will also find where to find inspiration for colour: mood, weather, name or even month of birth, this is where I took the inspiration for the two blankets. 

The smaller blanket is knitted in Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK and is made for the cutest little girl called Ella who was born in April.
The colours of the name Ella are blue, green and pink. The colours of April are yellow, red, white
I decided to get rid of the red as I thought it was too strong for a baby, but I stuck with all the others and added few complementary ones. 

The bigger blanket, knitted in Rowan Pure Wool Worsted, is for a beautiful young lady called Sukie who is 8 years old. Of course, Sukie is at that age that I can just simply ask what colours she likes, however I still wanted to combine the colours of her birth month, May, which are yellow, red and green. I have chosen green to go with Sukie’s chosen colours. 


In both blankets, I’ve chosen cream as the complementary colour throughout, but please experiment with colour and see what combination you like best. I’m planning on knitting one with just grey and mustard.

However many colours you choose for your blanket, make sure you carry the yarn up the work with you and not cutting and weaving in at every colour change. You can carry yarn up 4 rows, any more than that will cause the yarn to form loops on the edges.

It’s important to get the edges nice and neat when taking the yarn with you. I have found the method below the best for producing neat edge. 

Don't cut the yarn every time you switch colours, just run the colour you're not using along the side of your blanket. 
  • Just keep picking up the different colours as you alternate (fig. 1).
  • Do this neatly so it will barely show, just pick up the yarn to be worked next from behind the other strand (fig. 2).
 Fig. 1
Fig. 2

You will find the pattern for 'Love in Every Stitch' on:


Happy knitting, 

Anna x

2 comments:

  1. Super cute blanket! I've downloaded and love the advice on choosing colors! I'll share the link to your pattern with my Yak & Yarn group - we make blankets for local charities. Thank you Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, so glad you like it so much. Hope you and your group enjoy knitting the blankets and I would love to see your finished projects xx

    ReplyDelete