Sunday 15 September 2013

Mable and The Knit Parade.......



Autumn has finally arrived! Yey! Not many look forward to it but to me it's my
favourite season, the crisp fresh air, beautifully coloured leaves, and I can
finally start wearing my cardigans and jumpers!

In the yarn world it's starting to get really busy, things are a bit hectic at
the moment, lots of project on the go and lots of exciting things to look
forward to.

It also symbolises the start of very exciting events and shows. I was invited to
attend one of those exciting events on Thursday by my fabulous friend Ben. It
was a knitted disco at The Great Eastern Bear, book launch for 'The Knit Parade' by Beki Rymsza. 

The disco was organised by love craft and what a hoot it
was!! Fantastic jumpers and free vodka! You just can't go wrong with this
combination! Even the walls and dance floor were knitted.


Unfortunately the photos I've taken on my phone are dreadful (I keep thinking
that my phone camera is very good! Really don't know why) so sorry for the
quality but you can see the very innovative jumpers and the mannequins were wearing JuJu Jellies!! My favourite summer footwear!! 

The book itself is truly fab, one simply designed jumper and many ways to make it
stand out and make it your own.


Love the originality of the book and the fact that each jumper is named after a
song. But, the best part for me for me was when I turned to page 45 and saw
beautiful, sultry, voluptuous girl wearing 'Paint it Black' jumper. I'm so
happy, ecstatic in fact, that fuller girls are finally getting their moment! I'm
my self rather plumptious...a lot actually, and it's very refreshing to see women
like me being used in fashion. 


Many years ago I have lay to rest the dream of slim me, and instead decided to
embrace my ample behind and accept the real me and to be honest it's been
the best decision I have ever made! Once I’ve put aside the constant dieting and
calorie counting, obsessing with how I must look, I had a lot more time to
discover who exactly am I. And the result pleased me so decided that I
quite like fat Anna and will stick with her.

But I digress; 'Paint it Black' is an amazing jumper that will definitely be
knitted, not only because I love the effect of paint dripping but also because
it’s named after my favourite Rolling Stones song!

Back to Autumn and its splendour……Here is my plumptious self-modelling my ‘Mable’ shawl.


 I have designed beautiful ‘Mable’ in celebration of Autumn! It can be crocheted in either Rowan Kidsilk Haze but or Debbie Bliss Angel. The one in photograph is done in Kidsilk Haze (sh.596) and I’m in process of crocheting one in Angel in absolutely stunning turquoise (sh. 15027) for display at The Creative Sanctuary. I’m so happy with how the shawl has come out, it has a very simple body and gorgeous wavy edging, I wanted the edging to be delicate yet prominent, and I think the weaves have achieved that. I’m already planning on making it in few colours as I just love this shawl!! (big headed much)

The pattern is available in my Ravelry store: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mable-shawl 
 

Anna x

2 comments:

  1. I think you have coined a new word there doll :) plumptious ;) love it! ...we are all beautiful, plumptious or not! hopefully see you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed!! Well said Hun! Haven't seen you for ages, hope all's good :) xx

      Delete