Wednesday 8 May 2013

Rowan Fine Art......

It has been long anticipated and finally I had a chance to knit with brand new Rowan yarn. Although I do not knit sock nor am I a fan of stripy yarns, I much rather knit with one colour yarns and add effect with interesting patterns, however I'm slowly falling in love with Fine Art! Its beautifully hand dyed and the effect of the stripes as you knit are lovely and gentle. The content -marino wool, kid mohair, polyamide and silk- ensures that the yarn is luxuriously soft, durable with a subtle sheen, it basically glides of the needles.

Best of all it comes in hanks, which I love winding into a ball, it evokes fond memories of childhood when I used to help my grandma wind yarn.

Overall it's a beautiful and fun yarn and although I'm still not going to knit socks a lovely shawl would be just perfect........already started sketching.

Ive started knitting a little lacy swatch of a scarf designed by Lisa Richardson, the picture quality is not great so unfortunately you can't see clearly the effect of the stripes but trust me its quite yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment